To declare the Computer Sciences major:
- Complete at least one CS course of at least 2 credits at UW-Madison with a grade of C or better.
- Complete the online major declaration form. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. Students in schools/colleges outside of L&S will also need a secondary approval from their home school/college.
To declare the Computer Sciences certificate:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at UW-Madison, in any major EXCEPT Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Complete the online certificate declaration form. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
Optional information session:
Attend an optional presentation and Q&A about declaring the Computer Sciences major. This event is most useful for freshman and sophomores exploring the major. This event is a small-group setting and will cover the information found on the online declaration forms. Several dates to choose from in April. Sign up to attend online. RSVP via this link
If you are a prospective student (e.g. high school student) and not yet enrolled at UW-Madison, please go to Visit Bucky to learn more about prospective student events.
- CS courses
- CS major and certificate requirements
- CS major flowchart
- BA/BS Degree Requirements (for students in the College of Letters & Science)
- Sample 4-year plans
- Undergraduate advising resources for students
- Outside of the classroom
- Considering graduate school? Watch these helpful short videos from the Computing Research Association (CRA)
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.