To declare the Computer Sciences major:
- Complete at least one CS course of at least 2 credits at UW-Madison with a grade of C or better.
- Complete the online major declaration form. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. Students in schools/colleges outside of L&S will also need a secondary approval from their home school/college.
To declare the Computer Sciences certificate:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at UW-Madison, in any major EXCEPT Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Complete the online certificate declaration form. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
Optional information session:
Attend an optional presentation and Q&A about declaring the Computer Sciences major. This event is most useful for freshman and sophomores exploring the major. This event is a small-group setting and will cover the information found on the online declaration forms. Several dates to choose from in April. Sign up to attend online. RSVP via this link
- CS courses
- CS major and certificate requirements
- CS major flowchart
- BA/BS Degree Requirements (for students in the College of Letters & Science)
- Sample 4-year plans
- Undergraduate advising resources for students
- Outside of the classroom
- Considering graduate school? Watch these helpful short videos from the Computing Research Association (CRA)
For further information, please contact email@example.com.