What is Wisconsin Emerging Scholars-Computer Sciences (WES-CS)?
WES-CS (CS 304) is a fun, interactive study group for students enrolled in CS 200, Programming I. Through weekly meetings led by peers, you’ll earn 1 additional credit and gain greater mastery of CS 200 material. It’s a great way to enhance your introduction to the challenging, exciting, and varied field of computer science.
What do WES-CS students do?
- Learn in small, peer-led groups of about 8-10 students
- Gain computing confidence and master fundamental principles
- Learn about career paths through visits to local tech companies and dinners with special guests
- Make lasting friendships
- Have fun!
How can I enroll?
To request authorization to enroll, please fill out this form. Students who are authorized for the study group should add CS 304 to their class schedule and then attend during the scheduled meeting time. When enrolling, be sure to select the 1-credit option. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
What past participants have to say
- “My group leader didn’t move on unless the content was understood by all, which was very helpful.”
- “My team leader was great and always tried to answer any questions I had. She explained things well, and with just enough information so that I could try work it out on my own.”
- “WES CS 304 was always really fun and extremely useful.”