Wisconsin Computer Sciences is a research powerhouse. Our award-winning faculty, graduate students, and undergrads participate in research opportunities in the department and with collaborators inside and outside the university.
- For over 25 years, UW–Madison has ranked in the top ten U.S. universities for research expenditures. In 2014, UW–Madison spent over $1.1 billion on research.
- UW–Madison is home to world-renowned research groups across the spectrum of computer science, and our researchers regularly publish in top journals and conferences
- Computer science researchers win competitive grants from agencies like the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes for Health and the Department of Defense
- Private research support comes from top companies like Facebook, Google, IBM, Microsoft and Oracle
- Many of our faculty and students are affiliated with the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery, a state-of-the-art facility for interdisciplinary research