The Computer Sciences Board of Visitors, established in 2006, is an advisory group of committed computer sciences alumni and others closely affiliated with the department. Meeting twice annually and lending expertise throughout the year, this body of accomplished individuals works to advance and strengthen the computer sciences department. Board members help the department identify needs, address challenges and plan for the future. The Board also forms a vital bridge between students, faculty, alumni and friends of the department, and between the university and the wider world. Some of our Board of Visitors members have taken a special interest in mentoring alumni interested in tech startups through organizations like the Badger Entrepreneurship Forum.
Top priorities include:
- Helping address challenges facing the department and advocating for the department
- Reestablishing connections with computer sciences department alumni
- Assisting in generating extramural funds to enhance the department’s research and teaching missions
- Assisting in developing strategies that improve the department’s quality and standing
- Helping to recruit top students and faculty
- Providing a bridge between professionals and students