Alumni and friends of the UW–Madison Department of Computer Sciences are justifiably proud for many reasons, including the department’s track record of cutting-edge research; creative, motivated students who go on to make important contributions in both the private sector and academia; and innovative outreach programs, so more kids gain exposure to computing—and perhaps even begin to envision a future in computing for themselves.
Simply put, as one of the first and most respected computer science departments in the country, we are proud of this place, and we hope you are, too! But as state and federal sources of support for the university shrink, private support plays an increasingly critical role in maintaining our level of excellence. Your gift, of any size, will help us remain a top department for the next half-century—and beyond! Gifts to CS support things like:
- Scholarships for outstanding undergraduates and top recruits to the graduate program
- Summer research assistantships
- Graduate fellowships for PhD students
- Faculty recruitment in critical areas
- Distinguished lectures and other extracurricular learning opportunities
When making a gift, please check if your employer matches donations. We are grateful for your support. Thank you for considering a gift to UW–Madison Computer Sciences!
MAKE A GIFT