COMP SCI/STAT 403 Internship Course in Computer Sciences and Data Science is primarily intended for undergraduate students who must enroll for credit as a part of their internship. This is mostly international students who need CPT authorization, but some domestic students also have a requirement, from their internship organization, to be concurrently enrolled. Students must be declared in either Computer Sciences or Data Science majors and be in an internship that directly relates to the program to be eligible for the class.
This course is an online asynchronous class and uses Canvas for weekly discussions, journals, and a final project. The course is graded using an A-F scale. For class policies, grading scale, and a sample weekly schedule, you can view the most recent term’s syllabus here. In the fall and spring semester the expectation is 3 hours of work per week outside of the internship hours. In the summer 8-week term the expectation is 6 hours of work per week outside of the internship hours.
Enrollment for summer will begin at the end of March. If you are interested in taking the course, please complete the following:
- Complete this request form (you will upload your employment letter here for our review if you are applying as an international student)
- If you are an international student on an F-1 visa, you begin the CPT application through Terra Dotta and assign to Mollie Stolbov (email@example.com) if you are a Computer Sciences major or Sara Rodock (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Data Science in the verification section.
- You must complete the course request form and the verification section in the CPT application at the same time.
- Once Mollie or Sara has reviewed your materials you will be given access to enroll in COMP SCI/STAT 403 so that you may complete your CPT application.
- Please see the ISS website regarding CPT if you have questions regarding the requirements to qualify for CPT.
* Note, if you are in both the Computer Sciences and Data Science major you should contact the advisor for the program most related to your internship.
Requests are generally processed on Fridays. If your form is approved, you will receive a follow up email as well as notification of permission to enroll in COMP SCI/STAT 403.