Please follow the instructions for applying to the Professional Master's Program (PMP) carefully.
- Satisfy the Graduate School requirements with respect to undergraduate grade-point average, bachelor's degree, English proficiency, and international financial information
- Submit three letters of recommendation, GRE general test, official transcripts, a CV/Resume, and a personal statement. In addition, applicants are encouraged to submit any additional information deemed relevant.
IMPORTANT DATES (Admission is now CLOSED for Fall 2018)
We admit PMP students once a year, for fall semester enrollment. Application is made online through the UW-Madison Graduate School. If you are reapplying to the department, you must submit a new application.
- Application period begins: September 4
- Application deadline: March 15
- Offers of admission made: about April 1
- Deadline for accepting offers: April 15
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Review the Graduate School Admission Requirements
Step 2: Complete the UW-Madison Graduate School Application
- If you would also like to be considered for the traditional M.S. program (or the Ph.D. program) as well as the PMP, you can indicate this on the "Program Selection" webpage. Please note, you do not need to upload duplicate sets of everything (such as recommendation letters, personal statements, GRE scores, official transcripts and CVs). You are welcome to use the same application materials for both applications. If you are admitted to both, you can select which program to attend.
- Note that the deadline for the traditional M.S. or Ph.D. is December 15. So if you apply after that date, you can only apply to the PMP. Any other options selected will be ignored by the admission committee.
Step 3: Submit the Supplemental Application
- As a part of the electronic application, you will be directed to a page that requires supplemental information for the CS department. For the PMP, please enter information regarding your work experience. The supplemental application is also where you can upload any additional materials (e.g. thesis, project, or research paper).
- If you are also applying for either the traditional MS or PHD, you will be required to complete these supplemental applications as well. Be sure to submit your application for the traditional programs by the deadline, December 15.
Step 4: Send GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores (if requried) to the Graduate School
- We require the GRE General Test, but not the subject GRE. Please arrange for test scores to be sent electronically (no paper copies) to the Graduate School by using the UW-Madison institution code (1846). Since the university stores scores in a centralized database, the department code you choose does not matter. GRE scores are accepted if the test is taken within five years of the start of the admission term.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are accepted if the test is taken within two years of the start of the admission term.
Please do NOT not send paper transcripts to the department. We require that you scan a copy of your official transcript (issued by your college or university) from each university and college you have attended and upload it to your electronic application. Please note: although many colleges now allow students access to their academic record to print, we do not consider this an offical transcript. Your application will be considered incomplete unless it contains uploaded official transcripts from each postsecondary institution you have attended.
If you are offered admission, you will be required to submit paper official transcripts to the Graduate School. Please do not send them until they are requested.