In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write History.
Join the healthcare information technology team that’s turning drug and medical device data into knowledge used by thousands of hospitals; the majority of U.S. health plans, retail pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers; and millions of healthcare decision makers throughout the world. Partnering with our information system developer and healthcare institution customers, you’ll help evolve leading-edge thinking into reality and make a measurable difference in improving human health.
We’re looking for people who are: Intelligent. Productive. Committed. Willing and able to go above and beyond. Passionate about making a difference. Innovative. Energized. And want to play an essential role in a successful company’s continued growth.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
This position will be based out of the Indianapolis, IN office.
- Development, maintenance and integration of application software.
- Creates, uses, and promotes the use of development frameworks, tools, methodologies and procedures to reduce future coding efforts and increase functional consistency.
- Able to translate software requirements into a fully functional software solution.
- Knowledgeable of design patterns and practices.; implements logical database designs, logical data models and relational data definitions in support of corporate and customer information systems requirements.
- Provides insight into and knowledge of the latest application architectures, technology, solutions and industry trends.
- Experience with and knowledge of software development life cycles and the activities that occur within lifecycles.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Great troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Desire and able to quickly learn new skills
- Application Development via .Net C# or Java
- Relational Database Experience (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Cloud Experience (AWS, Azure)
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- One year + Software Development experience
FDB is the leading provider of drug and medical device knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide, FDB enables our information system developer partners to deliver valuable, useful, and differentiated solutions. We offer more than three decades of experience in transforming medical knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that help improve patient safety, operational efficiency, and healthcare outcomes. For a complete look at our solutions and services, please visit www.fdbhealth.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We value Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Creativity. Our offices in South San Francisco and Indianapolis have been awarded with Top Workplaces honors by The Bay Area News Group and the Indy Star, respectively, including the most recent honor awarded to our Indianapolis office in 2017 & 2018 (the Top Workplaces honors are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey by a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement). FDB offers competitive salaries and extensive benefits – including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
FDB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.