Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: https://grnh.se/6472752a2us
Our Network Engineers are responsible for the design and management of both enterprise and trading networks. In our enterprise network we optimize for reliability and scalability. In our trading network we optimize for a variety of performance characteristics, like latency, that keep us competitive. In all that we do, we strive for simplicity and operational excellence.
As part of our networks team, you will work with other engineering teams in designing purpose built systems. Our engineering culture is highly collaborative. Network engineers are expected to participate in design discussions with both developers and traders with the goal of solving problems that really matter to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Deep understanding of routing and switching
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting networks using L1/L2/L3 networks and technologies
- Experience managing data centers
- Experience individually delivering end-to-end projects from initiation through completion
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/UDP, including multicast
- Proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. python or bash) and ability to work with UNIX systems
- Experience with low-latency networking is beneficial but not required
- Experience with taps and aggregation switches is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of trading exchanges and financial instruments is not required