Note: This posting is less a formal job than a short term gig for current students at UW-Madison, as student will be working on an as-needed basis.
The Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences is seeking a student familiar with Google Apps Script to help create a Google Sheet with a data entry form. Apps Script code is needed to organize the data entered into a form in a useful structure. For the right student, this job may only take a few hours. Additional work is likely to be needed in the future, however, so there may be opportunities for additional assignments working with both Google Sheets and Excel (including VBA code).
The Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems (CIAS) is a sustainable agriculture and food systems research center. CIAS fosters multidisciplinary inquiry and supports a range of research, outreach and training projects. It brings together university faculty, farmers, policy makers and others to study relationships between farming practices and profitability, the structure of the food system, the environment, and rural vitality.
- Current UW Student (undergraduate preferred)
- Proficient with Google Apps Script
- Proficient with Excel VBA code (not necessary for current project but future projects may require this)
- Motivated, hard worker who can complete short assignments in a timely manner
- Student will need their own computer and personal (work from home) workspace
- Interest in sustainable agriculture and food systems
Pay: $20 per hour
To Apply: Please contact John Hendrickson, at email@example.com if interested