Job Title: Data Science Marketing Specialist (Part-time may be available)
Employer: Kennedy Communications
Location: Madison, WI
Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: Resume and cover letter should be sent to Lisa Helt at email@example.com with the subject Data Science Marketing Specialist
About The Position
The Data Scientist position possesses a broad understanding of complex statistical analysis and all related applications. Serves as a subject matter expert and applies advanced data industry knowledge. Investigates new tools and technologies that will aid in data analysis. Handles special projects as assigned by management. Mentors and provides feedback and guidance to other team members. Uses R to solve problems, answer marketing questions, and scale and automate repetitive tasks. At KennedyC, we empower our team to guide our agency to come up with new ideas to improve our applications.
- Help the agency manage mountains of data and data analytics so information can be used more strategically to make business decisions and better serve customers
- Use analytical methodologies to work with large datasets & extract meaningful business insight and creatively solve business problems
- The Data Scientist is responsible for supporting data science initiatives that drive business profitability, increased efficiencies, improved customer experience, identifying trends and providing business solutions
- Maintain healthy data by data scrubbing including merging, filtering, decoding and translating data
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining code library
- Help manage internal and lead-delivery databases, client-facing software programs
- Create programming and automation techniques, such as libraries, that simplify day-to-day processes
- Develop big data infrastructures
- Troubleshoot lead delivery issues
- Quality assurance for interactive reporting, website and database maintenance
- Program and scale calculations for constantly evolving dashboards and KPI measurements to fit clients’ needs
- Use R to solve problems, answer marketing questions, and scale and automate repetitive tasks
- Collaborate with business partners and cross-functional teams, requiring effective communication skills, building relationships, and focus on understanding the overall business area being supported
Desired Skills and Experience
- We’re looking for someone with 2-4 years of experience (coursework accepted) manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: D3, ggplot, etc.
- Experience using web services: DigitalOcean
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Organized and exhibits strong attention to detail
- Thrives in fast-paced, flexible environments
- An appreciation for the world of marketing and advertising
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive full benefits package including 401(k)
- Summer hours!
- Fun, talented coworkers who are a blast to work with
- Supportive work/life balance
Equal Employment Opportunity
KenndyC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
*Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States following an offer of employment