Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: Link Here
We are honored to be recognized as a multi award-winning organization. Talroo has been consistently recognized as a Top Workplace and a Best Place to Work in Austin. We have been ranked the last five years by Inc. 500/5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. You will also find us on the Austin Business Journal’s Fast 50 growth awards list multiple times. We are growing the right way, and we need exceptional talent to help us build upon our successful story.
Talroo is a talent attraction platform – our technology helps companies find the talent they need for their workforces. We power over 1 billion job searches every month, and Talroo’s data-driven search-and-match functionality enables organizations to reach the best audiences to deliver hires. And while we focus on providing amazing results and service for our customers, within our exciting company you will also find a high-performance environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
As a Site Reliability Engineer for Talroo, you will:
- Research and resolve technical issues found in production with immediate and long-term solutions.
- Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers and management.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs.
- Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Collaborate with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are not adversely impacted.
- Document final solutions, including root cause analysis.
- Advocate for your changes with follow-through to development and other teams by ensuring that patches are tested and migrated to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately and timely.
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks (i.e., monitoring application components) to improve efficiency and consistency. Use your knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e., single-click deployments).
- Participate in design and code-walk-through with development as it relates to new releases.
- Participate in IT Infrastructure design as it relates to product.
- Liaise between multiple departments, especially IT, communicating system changes and mitigating issues that may affect product, etc. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and QA teams, and any required validation are planned in a timely fashion.
What we’re looking for in a highly qualified candidate:
- Must be fully authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science from a top university
- 3-5 years of AWS systems experience.
- Solid understanding of configuration management tools: Ansible (Preferred), Puppet e.g.
- Experience with containers especially Docker; Kubernetes knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to code in Java or Python.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum.
- Source and deployment tools: Azure DevOps.
- Expertise scripting in Python, and Bash is a huge plus.
- Experience with New Relic or other IT infrastructure monitoring software systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Collaborative and approachable personalities.
- Knowledge of the QA process and QA automation tools is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Paid company holidays & unlimited PTO
- Awesome company events
Talroo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.