Job Title: SEM Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: Link Here
We are honored to be recognized as a multi-award winning organization. Talroo has been consistently recognized as a Top Workplace and a Best Place to Work in Austin. We’ve been ranked the last five years by Inc. 500/5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. You’ll also find us on the Austin Business Journal’s Fast 50 growth awards list multiple times. We’re growing the right way, and we need exceptional talent to help us build upon our successful story.
Talroo is a talent attraction platform – our technology helps companies find the talent they need for their workforces. We power over 1 billion job searches every month, and Talroo’s data-driven search-and-match functionality enables organizations to reach the best audiences to deliver hires. And while we focus on providing amazing results and service for our customers, within our exciting company you’ll also find a high-performance environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
About the position
As an SEM (Search Engine Marketing) engineer, you will work with a cross-functional team in developing and implementing technologies across a variety of digital marketing platforms, including Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.
This is a technical role that reports to the engineering leadership but works with the SEM team on a day-to-day basis. You will directly impact our company’s bottom line by maximizing ROI of PPC campaigns by analyzing data, designing and implementing experiments and iterating quickly.
We are looking to hire someone who has a competitive spirit who strives to be a top performer— an entrepreneurial self-starter who requires minimal supervision. You are motivated to find problems and solutions. You are a creative problem solver, have a data-driven mind set and a genuine interest in modern marketing technology. You are not afraid of failures but eager to learn from them.
As an SEM Engineer at Talroo, you will:
- Apply deep technical expertise and analytical thinking to formulate and develops technical blueprints, proof of concepts and experiments
- Maintain and build out new programs based on the major paid advertising platforms’ APIs
- Help develop technical solutions for digital marketing use cases
- Be the primary technical contact with our key marketing technology partners to ensure alignment in solution architecture
- Build reports and dashboards for stakeholders in the marketing department
- Assist marketing team in technical support of additional, various projects on an as-needed basis.
What we’re looking for in a highly competitive candidate:
- Must be based in the Austin, TX metro area to fulfill this position
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative approach to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Working Knowledge of Google Tag manager and/or Google Analytics
- Proficiency in SQL language. Experience of Scala is a strong plus.
- The belief and understanding that good software engineers can make any technologies and code base look good
- Curiosity to dig through the back-end when working on front-end, and vice versa
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science from a top university
- Highly competitive salary
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Sponsor for H1B
- Paid Parental Leave (including Adoption)
- Paid company holidays and unlimited Paid Time Off
- Awesome company events
- DoorDash DashPass
Talroo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.