*This is a full time paid opportunity for recent December 2021 – May 2022 graduates. The program begins September 2022.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise.The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Technology Overview
In the simplest terms, Fitch Technology is an exciting place to work. We collaborate with our partners across the company on both internal applications and external products serving the needs of major financial institutions. We work in open-source development platforms with progressive architectures. Our self-organized and empowered squads are operating following the latest Agile practices. At Fitch, we recognize the need to constantly push the envelope and continue to evolve in order to keep up with our client and market needs.
We are seeking recent graduates to join our full-time Enterprise Technology Graduate Program starting September 2022. The 12-month program will give graduates the training they need to become a successful software engineer within the Enterprise Technology team. The program will provide training in a variety of subject matters, covering information about the Fitch businesses and the current and next-generation technologies. With an emphasis on learning, you will experience a combination of formal training and hands on opportunities consisting of peer sessions, on-the-job application and self-learning. Associate Software Engineers will work directly with our development teams on a variety of projects including building products, supporting one of our Centers of Excellence and working on end-user computing.
Graduates will have guidance and access to regular training sessions hosted by senior members with exposure to the following areas:
- Engineering – Develop expertise in analysis, design and development of software applications using modern application development frameworks, front-end, microservices and SQL and NoSQL databases. Adopt test driven development techniques to optimize the software development process.
- Architecture – Develop frameworks and templates for technology implementations, such as, event sourcing, microservices, micro frontends, component libraries and API frameworks.
- Infrastructure – Develop knowledge of cloud-based computing, infrastructure as code, build and deployment processes and tools for monitoring and alerting.
What We’re Looking For
- Students pursuing a BA/BS or MA degree in computer science or an engineering/science
- December 2021 and May 2022 graduates
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A creative approach, quick problem-solving capabilities; out-of-the-box thinking
- Collaborators and team players with strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in software engineering through previous internships, work experience, or coding competitions
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States both presently and in the future
- Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with database management concepts or with Data Science technologies is a plus
- Familiarity with Test Driven development is a plus
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Iterative Development)