Job Title: .NET Software Engineer
Location: Madison, WI (partially remote)
Deadline: October 27th, 2021
How to Apply: Visit https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/510640/software-engineer
The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is looking for an experienced full-time .NET software engineer. Web and Mobile Solutions (WaMS) is a team of 13 full-time software engineers and 3 student workers that develop custom, data driven web and mobile applications in support of the mission of the university for customers across campus. We operate much like a small consulting firm using modern processes and tools in a Microsoft centric technology stack.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about custom application development in a Microsoft technology stack, thrives on teamwork, and finds professional reward in delivering high impact solutions to move UW-Madison forward. While developing applications (writing code!) will be your primary role, we hire team players who enjoy developing strong, high-trust relationships directly with their customers. For example, you will solicit business requirements directly from your clients, seeking to identify creative efficiencies to underlying business processes, and designing solutions that exceed our customer’s expectations. You should have knowledge of modern techniques in object-oriented programming as well as experience with modern frameworks, libraries, tool sets, and development practices (continuous integration, version control, etc.). You’ll need exceptional communication and customer service skills as you will work alongside clients, project managers, and other developers. Aspiring leaders are preferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Business Analysis – participate in the analysis of customer’s business requirements and high-level functional design of systems;
- Software Development – Design and develop full-stack web applications as part of a team; conduct robust software testing;
- Software Support – Implement enhancements, perform regression testing, develop documentation, and troubleshoot/debug production systems;
- Project Management – lead all aspects of engagements with campus customers.
- 2 or more years of professional development experience with .NET
- Demonstrated success leading projects
- Excellent communication, customer service, teamwork, and issue resolution skills
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to continuously learn, improving technical and non-technical effectiveness