Job Title: Software Engineer Intern
Employer: Thomson Reuters
Location: 610 Opperman Dr., Eagan, MN 55122
Deadline: October 2nd, 2020, or when all positions are filled
Qualifications and Requirements: Must not have completed undergraduate degree before Summer 2020.
You’re a fit for the role of Software Engineer Intern if you are/have:
- Currently are pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline meeting program academic requirements
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Strong problem analysis, problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both technical and non-technical users
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently or as part of an agile development team
* Thomson Reuters is unable to provide sponsorship for this position now or in the future.
Job Description: Full-time 12 week internship during Summer 2020 (exact start/end dates flexible).
In this opportunity as a Software Engineer Intern you will have some of the following opportunities:
- Develop Web-Based Solutions: Design and develop web-based research solutions for use by national and international customers using programming languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, and Groovy.
- Develop CMS and Database Systems: Develop large content management systems including data repositories, web-based data access and user interfaces
- Automated Testing: Design, develop, and execute tests in multiple phases of the software development cycle using Selenium and other tools
- Collaboration in Large Scale Agile Environment: Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure technology solutions meet business needs
- Networking: Interns will learn and refine the art of networking on a daily basis to build their portfolio of possibilities for their future career aspirations.
- Performance Analysis: Accomplish performance analysis and tuning of application servers
- Analysis and Investigation: Investigate system operational issues and perform root cause analysis
- Cloud Platforms: Gain exposure to AWS or Azure Cloud platforms and technologies
- Big Data: Apply Big Data mining techniques
- AI/NLP/ML: Work with Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods, including Natural Language Process (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML)