SOFTWARE ENGINEER (OPEN UNTIL FILLED)
Job title: Software Engineer
Employer: Voximetry, Inc
Location: Madison, WI
Deadline: Open until filled
How to apply: Email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to Paul Wickre (email@example.com). In your cover letter please explain why you would be a good fit as a Software Engineer and include your GPA (if not listed on your resume).
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS, JOB DESCRIPTION:
Voximetry is seeking an entry-level Software Engineer to develop software for an exciting new branch of cancer treatment called Radiopharmaceutical Therapy (RPT). Members of the Voximetry team are extremely passionate about developing software to improve RPT treatments and ultimately the lives of cancer patients.
As a Software Engineer, you will work on a variety of different projects that include:
· Review product requirements and development schedule estimates.
· Design stable, maintainable software solutions in a Windows desktop environment.
· Interact daily with a product owner and fix bugs independently.
· Deal with a wide range of R&D problems and new technologies independently as they arise.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Physics with strong academic performance
· No prior work experience is required, but 3+ years of prior work experience or internships in software development is a plus.
· Advanced knowledge in C#/.Net (Java or C++ are also acceptable)
· Working knowledge of Desktop GUI design
· Working knowledge of version control such as Git
· Working knowledge of Windows programming
· Understanding of scientific/mathematic programming is a plus
· Prior experience in graphic design is a plus.
Voximetry was founded in Madison, WI in 2016 and is an early stage healthcare technology company. Our mission is to improve outcomes for stage IV cancer patients. Voximetry’s patient-specific dosimetry approach allows scientists and clinicians to determine the correct amount of drug that will give patients the greatest chance of controlling their cancer, with minimal complications. Voximetry’s team is a small group of world-class scientists and engineers with extensive experience in cancer therapy.
Impact the Lives of Others. We are developing software that will improve and extend the lives of cancer patients.
Early-stage Company with Strong Growth Potential. The field of RPT is growing at an accelerating pace. This position offers the opportunity to bring your voice and ideas to senior management on a daily basis, and to work with a high degree of independence in an energetic startup company at the cutting edge of its field.
Open, friendly environment. Voximetry has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end and as a valuable means for eliminating disparities in STEM. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Excellent compensation. Voximetry offers competitive wages and a generous allowance of paid holidays and personal time off, affordable health, dental & vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, and an opportunity to share in the long-term company financial success.
Madison, WI is a great place to live. Madison is both a vibrant college town and bustling state capital, which offers residents plenty of things to do. Madison is a dining-obsessed town, with many restaurants and types of food to choose from. Madisonians can take advantage of the city’s outdoor offerings including riding the city’s plentiful bike paths (plowed all winter), cross-country skiing under the lights at the city’s largest trail, or paddling kayaks in the beautiful lakes and waterways that surround the city.