Job title — Computer Scientist
Employer — USGS
Location — Middleton, WI
Deadline — May 8, 2020
How to apply — Go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567031500
Qualifications and requirements
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Applicant must be suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Degree in computer science or similar degree.
Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year probationary period.
Job description: This is a full-time permanent Federal position. Specific duties will include:
- Designs, documents, develops, modifies, tests, implements, and supports new and existing applications and technical solutions built using a variety of computer programming languages.
- Plans, designs, and implements user interfaces and data processing applications.
- Participates in code reviews, presenting code and providing feedback and validation on code development by other team members.
- Works with project staff to test applications.
- Writes and maintains program documentation.
- Presents technical solutions to team members and project cooperators.