PARCS IT Analyst
UW-Madison, Facilities Planning & Management
March 17, 2020
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/504467/parcs-it-analyst
The Transportation Services (TS), Information Technology (IT) group is a service organization focused on designing, supporting, and managing the critical IT systems that support a wide variety of transportation solutions offered to campus. The TS IT group is responsible for several critical systems, applications, and tools including the Parking Access Revenue Control Systems (PARCS), which utilizes two vendors – T2 and Skidata, a help desk ticket management system, and other websites and applications supporting the transportation solutions.
The PARCS IT Analyst will be responsible for data management (how we gather data, how we store it, how we can integrate it, how the business uses it, how we can develop useful reports, etc.) within the department. Additionally, they will also engage stakeholders to gather requirements for process improvement efforts, new projects, software upgrades, etc. to ensure our IT systems are meeting their business needs. The PARCS IT Analyst will join the IT team, alongside another IT Analyst and an IT Engineer, that supports the systems that ensure thousands of people can come and go from the University every single day. The team does this by applying creative technology-driven solutions to complex problems, increasing efficiency, and focusing on delivering outstanding customer service.
This position functions under the general supervision of Assistant Director of Parking Technology.
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in information technology/systems, computer science, business, or related field is preferred.
– Proficiency with SQL
– Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
– Proficiency troubleshooting complex IT issues to resolution
– Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
– Excellent customer service skills
– 2-5 years of professional experience with SQL database programming
– Demonstrated experience using advanced Microsoft Excel functions (e.g. pivot tables, advanced formulas, custom macros, automation)
– Demonstrated experience with database reporting tools (e.g. Crystal Reports)
– Demonstrated experience doing business analysis (e.g. gathering functional requirements, developing use cases, process mapping, testing)
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually
– Experience with parking management applications (e.g. T2, Skidata) or other business applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing System)
– Familiarity and/or experience with Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance
– Demonstrated experience performing application administration duties (e.g. account management, software upgrades, testing, documentation, training)
20% – Performs analyses and prepares reports to ensure that programs meet or exceed schedule commitments
15% – Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
15% – Devises or modifies moderately complex information systems including analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary
10 % – Integrates, identifies, troubleshoots, monitors, and resolves basic supported services, system network, and application problems according to established processes, procedures, and regulations
10% – Works on tasks including project or functional requirements, functional design, functional configuration, testing, and documentation
10% – Participates in requirements planning and feasibility determination
10% – Configures, maintains, upgrades, develops, and tests IT systems and services in alignment with industry best practices
5% – Determines and recommends programs required for optimal problem solution within cost/performance objectives
5% – Will work with external vendors or service providers