Software Engineering Position – Full-Time Summer Internship
What better way to kick of an exciting career than an internship at Thomson Reuters? We’re ready to invest in you with an opportunity. The Software Engineer Internship within Legal Professionals on our Minneapolis/St Paul campus is designed to give interns a chance to integrate, learn and contribute just as a full-time employee would be expected. We supplement this work with amazing opportunities to meet and network with top executives across TR and in-depth training in our corporate culture with plenty of volunteer and fun activities to make the summer memorable. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus this summer!
As an Intern, you are asked to strive towards several key milestones and goals. These include:
• Thomson Reuters considers our internship program investment as a great opportunity to build relationships with high potential undergrads. We believe our interns will leverage their time here to accomplish this also with a highly successful technology organization.
• Each intern will return to school with a much more informed view of what it is like to work alongside very smart and successful technologists in a large organization.
• Interns will learn and refine the art of networking on a daily basis to build their portfolio of possibilities for their future career aspirations.
To be successful attaining these goals, you will have some of the following opportunities:
• Gain exposure to AWS or Azure Cloud platforms and technologies
• Apply Big Data mining techniques
• Work with Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods, including Natural Language Process (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML)
• Design and develop web-based research solutions for use by national and international customers using programming languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, and Groovy.
• Develop large content management systems including data repositories, web-based data access and user interfaces
• Design, develop, and execute tests in multiple phases of the software development cycle using Selenium and other tools
• Accomplish performance analysis and tuning of application servers
• Investigate system operational issues and perform root cause analysis
• Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure technology solutions meet business needs
To be considered, you have these qualifications:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Management, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline meeting program academic requirements
• Strong desire to learn new technologies
• Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both technical and non-technical users
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize work and communicate issues in a timely manner
• Ability to work independently or as part of an agile development team
Thomson Reuters is unable to provide sponsorship for this position now or in the future.
Apply online for this internship at https://bit.ly/2m0KPeK
Questions? Contact Joseph Witthuhn at email@example.com or (651) 848-5672