Job title: Software Engineer.
This is a permanent full time position in Madison, WI.
Employer: Power Line Systems (https://www.powerlinesystems.com)
Deadline: Open until filled
How to apply: Email a resume, and code sample if possible, to email@example.com
About Power Line Systems:
We are a small software company that has a huge impact on the world. Since 1984 we have developed the industry standard software for the design of overhead electrical lines and their structures. Our flagship program, PLS-CADD, is used in more than 125 countries to design billions of dollars of infrastructure every year. Our software contributes to an affordable, reliable and efficient grid that is essential for delivering renewable power to the world. We are based in Madison, Wisconsin.
The Software Engineer will work with our team to improve our suite of Computer Assisted Drafting and Design programs for overhead electrical lines. Our growing company needs help as we work on web services, parallelization for high performance computing, photo realistic graphics and data integration projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Comfortable developing software in C and C++
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Eagerness to learn new things
• Experience with Win32 or web services a plus
• Develop high performance, scalable software for designing critical infrastructure
• Work with domain specific experts and end-users to create the simplest possible solution that meets client needs
• Ensure reliability and correctness of these solutions
• Seize opportunities for self-driven projects
Benefits of working at Power Line Systems
• Very competitive pay
• Company funded 529 retirement program worth 25% of salary
• Company paid Medical and Dental insurance premiums
• Open vacation policy
• Relaxed working environment. Clothes don’t matter (as long as you wear them). Results do.