Junior Software Engineer – Customer Support (Full-time) (Open until filled)
Job title: Junior Software Engineer – Customer Support
Employer: ABODO https://www.abodo.com/about
Location: 316 W Main st. Suite 700, Madison, WI 53703
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Fill out the form athttps://boards.greenhouse.io/abodo/jobs/1634768
Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
The apartment hunting process is broken. We believe the path to reinventing the apartment search experience begins with accurate, up-to-date, detailed apartment listings. We’re currently recruiting for a talented team member to be a part of our growing development team.
This role is responsible for traditional Support activities, responding to user and system generated tickets, initial triage, writing production ready code and solving issues. They are expected to understand ABODO’s products, answer customer questions, and escalate product defects to the appropriate team members to ensure a quality customer experience. You will accomplish these tasks by developing an exhaustive understanding of ABODO’s products and working closely with our team of engineers, designers, sales and subject matter experts.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for resolving reported customer issues, with appropriate urgency, while following and building ABODO’s best practices. They are expected to work effectively with modest management oversight.
Why should you join us?
You’ll be joining an exceptional engineering team that values continuous improvement, automated testing and a culture that puts problem solving at the center of our being.
You’ll learn how to ship production ready code and work on a system that processes millions of jobs. Our small team will allow you to have direct impact while challenging yourself.
ABODO values unique perspectives and backgrounds. Building a diverse and inclusive engineering team is important to us, and you should care about this too.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute production ready code changes to ABODO’s integration code base.
- Develop and maintain an intimate working knowledge of ABODO’s products.
- Assist the team in on-boarding new customers through 3rd party API’s and XML feeds.
- Assist non-technical co-workers in answering API or integration-related questions.
- Contribute to a weekly prioritization meeting and lead conversations regarding completed work, existing work in progress, or new investigations.
- Work closely with our customer success team to ensure data accuracy and delivery of leads through APIs.
- Provide continuous follow up of status of work outside the weekly prioritization meeting.
- Respond to questions/issues in a Slack support channel and refer them to appropriate information sources for problem resolutions, including FAQs, knowledge base articles, product documentation etc.
- Escalate issues or a unit of work to the proper channels when appropriate.
- Interact with team members across departments to research and resolve customer issues.
- Contribute to ABODO’s knowledge base by adding documentation on processes, bugs, use cases, and previous or common support issues.
- Data deduplication and clean up.
- Work with team members on problems that affect the data ingestion pipeline system.
- Contribute to the testing of new software during the development cycle.
What we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm for helping customers.
- Passion for being an expert on a specific subject matter.
- Expected to take the initiative regarding self-education, anticipating customer needs, problem solving, and using sound judgment for escalating issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Have a clear understanding of when something is done.
- Enjoy communicating clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- You enjoy explaining technical problems and issues succinctly and clearly.
We’re a passionate, 40-member team, that spend most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We work out of a brand new downtown Madison pet-friendly office where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
Ultimately, what ABODO offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
Perks of working for ABODO
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Program
- Open Vacation Policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Laid back work environment/schedule
- Casual Dress Code
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Company Culture