Job title: Quality Engineer
Location: Waukesha, WI
Deadline: Open until Filled
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Automation experience OR technical programming ability.
- Experience formulating test plans.
- Documentation – Use Cases/Test plans.
- Has worked with Agile teams
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Development background a plus
- Ability to write SQL queries
The QA engineer works with the team on quality assurance and quality control of a product during the development and execution phases. We’re looking for a detail-oriented individual that is passionate about software quality and testing to join our team in support of the Warehouse Management product line. Ideal candidates will understand and advocate for quality best practices, stay on top of what’s going on in the industry and enjoy getting their hands dirty by continuing to ensure quality software by writing and executing tests on a day-to-day basis.
- Develops and maintains test cases for assigned products.
- Executes the manual test cases and scenarios and publishes the results.
- Installs and configures relevant products in all supported test environments.
- Writes, executes and maintains automation test scripts.
- Develops solid understanding of Supply Chain Execution product areas from a functional/architectural/performance perspective.
- Identifies and reports software defects in an appropriate manner, and follows the defined defect lifecycle.
- Updates/maintains CI server infrastructure and job configuration.
- Investigates/debugs CI failures.
- Works with team members in troubleshooting the root cause of a defect and resolves the issue.
- Works with test management and test execution tools (JIRA, Fitnesse, Selenium).
- Understands business requirements provided.
- Follows standard development processes and procedures.
- Plans and prioritizes work tasks with input from their manager.
- Proactively notifies managers of impairments to commitments.
- Proactively seeks or provides assistance as required.