Hive is a full-stack deep learning platform helping to bring companies into the AI era. We take complex visual challenges and build custom machine learning models to solve them. For AI to work, companies need large volumes of high quality training data. We generate this data through Hive Data, our proprietary data labeling platform with over 500,000 globally distributed workers, generating millions of high quality pieces of data per day. We then use this training data to build machine learning models for verticals such as Media, Autonomous Driving, Security, and Retail. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to redefine how they think about unstructured visual data. Together, we build solutions that incorporate AI into their businesses to completely transform industries.
We are fortunate that investors like Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), General Catalyst, 8VC, and others see Hive’s potential to be groundbreaking in AI business solutions. We have over 100 rock stars globally in our San Francisco and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the AI revolution!
If you’re interested in applying, please reach out to Kristine at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume.
Backend Engineer Role
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for developers who are excited about launching new products and features into production, who can work autonomously and aren’t afraid to try new technologies, and who don’t back down from the challenges of scale. Our ideal candidate has experience building core services and web-based APIs from the ground up, cares just as much about the product itself as the technology that powers it, and is capable of both structuring and writing clean, maintainable code.
- Design, implement or improve features in a variety of backend systems including our REST APIs, microservices, data ingestion and processing systems, and distributed task/job processing systems
- Write and maintain scalable, performant code that can be shared across platforms
- Meaningfully contribute to the product and core backend systems by suggesting and executing improvements
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Practice test-driven development
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- You have a few years of experience building web applications
- You have experience or a strong interest in writing applications in Node.js
- You have experience implementing highly-available distributed systems/microservices
- You have experience building scalable backend APIs
- You have experience working with relational databases, Postgres preferred
- Understanding monitoring and alerting platforms is a plus
- You strongly believe in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- You have attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- You are comfortable learning new technologies and systems
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a bias towards action
What We Offer You
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary machine learning company. At Hive, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI startups in San Francisco. The work you will do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of Hive.
Our benefits include competitive pay, equity, health / vision / dental insurance, catered lunch and dinner, and a corporate gym membership.
Thank you for your interest in Hive.