The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is seeking an intern to join our Digital Marketing team. The Web Development Intern will assist in numerous aspects of the technical development and management of several WFAA websites and internal projects.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about solving business problems through smart website development while also maintaining a code base that is built to last. The candidate should be willing to work with both traditional/legacy and modern web development approaches. This candidate must be accountable, willing to take personal ownership of issues, and demonstrate strong initiative and organizational skills. He or she will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate on our web development efforts to internal stakeholders.
This will be a challenging yet fun internship with hands-on opportunities and exciting projects. You will work closely with our Digital Solutions Developer and gain real-world experience, enhancing and improving the quality and performance of websites that are essential to the ongoing advancement of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. You will develop professional skills that will translate to a wide variety of future career opportunities while working for a leading non-profit organization. At the end of this internship, your résumé will reflect a wide range of web development skills and experience that will be valuable as you start your professional career.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Work with Marketing Communications colleagues to plan and execute new web projects.
* Work with the Digital Solutions Developer to establish and refine processes for monitoring and measuring a variety of performance metrics for WFAA websites (speed, accessibility, responsive design, SEO, etc.).
* Assist with the maintenance of WFAA code repositories and rollout of a new deployment process.
* Create and modify WordPress page templates to meet digital marketing objectives
* Work with Digital Solutions Developer to address a current backlog of requests for bug fixes and new feature requests
* Develop customizations in WordPress to meet the needs of Digital Producers
* Other responsibilities as needed
Support a service-oriented atmosphere by WFAA mission, values, and philosophy
* Strategic beliefs
o The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
o Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors, and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
o Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
o The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
o Diverse views, experiences, and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
* Organizational values
o We are serious about delivering results;
o We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
o We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers, and others;
o We are open-minded;
o We create a positive work environment.
Web Development Intern Requirements and Qualifications
* A currently enrolled student (in good academic standing) or recent graduate majoring or minoring in computer science, information technology or related field.
* Experience with WordPress or another CMS
* Strong writing & communication skills
* Willing to assist in establishing formal web development processes
* Dedicated to providing first-class customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
* Willingness to learn and contribute to the WFAA mission.
* Ability to work up to 20 hours per week
This is a part-time position reporting to the Digital Solutions Developer. We offer competitive pay. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=uwfound&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled, so apply now.
Mia Kahl Human Resources Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association firstname.lastname@example.org The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (www.supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (www.uwalumni.com), whose legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.