CS in the News
- Red Hat and the University of Wisconsin expand their technology partnership.
- The Center for High-Throughput Computing's HTCondor system (PI: Professor Miron Livny) is featured in this story from Forbes.com in March 2010.
- Professor Jignesh Patel's company Locomatix is featured in this Madison.com news story from 7 Feb 2010.
- More success (including an outright first place) for UW's teams in the regionals of the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest. (See full announcment here.)
- Emeritus Professors Larry Landweber and Marvin Solomon with collaborator Michael Litzkow receive the Internet Society 2009 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award for their CSNET project.
- Prof. Miron Livny and the HTCondor group make key contributions to the computational infrastructure of CERN's Large Hadron Collider.
- New Microsoft Jim Gray Systems Lab to open in Madison.
- Google opens engineering office in Madison.
- Prof. Barford develops new technique for detecting network intrusions.
- Red Hat announces Red Hat Linux Enterprise MRG to include grid technology developed by Prof. Livny's HTCondor Project.
- Prof. Cai develops key contributions to Accidental Algorithms.
- Prof. Barford develops new technology for network intrusion detection.
- Alumni Deep Medhi (Ph.D. '87) and Karthik Ramasamy (Ph.D. '01) have completed their new text Network Routing: Algorithms, Protocols, and Architectures, published March 29, 2007 by Morgan Kaufmann.
- Prof. Gleicher's cutting edge research in motion capture and computer animation highlighted on
CBS WISC-TV May 10, 10pm News
- Prof. Ferris addressing one of twelve "Great Unsolved Problems in OR": Real-time Mixed-Integer Programming (RTMIP)
- Prof. Livny to lead development of new $30M Open Science Grid
- Prof. Horwitz creates Wisconsin Emerging Scholars in Computer Science (WES-CS) Program which uses team learning to enhance introductory courses.
- HTCondor system makes it possible to develop treatments for inherited diseases.