Our Chicago based start-up company, located in Lincoln Park & West Town, is building a new, modern, web-based city guide and social media platform and currently seeking passionate back-end web developers who want to join a highly collaborative team of problem solvers where your opinions are not only valued, but required. You in?
We encourage each other to experiment, innovate, and create new ways to meaningfully improve our local discovery engine and the way users will interact with each other; together as a team, we help the group come up with a better solutions than we would as individuals to make the
urban experience unique in our metropolis.
As a developer, you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of databases.
Degree required: B.S./B.A. in Computer Sciences. All experience levels may apply. Position is full-time.
Description of key qualifications:
- A solid knowledge of many (not necessarily all) of these technologies: Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, Mongoose.js, NoSQL
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with API design
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Knowledge of UNIX commands
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your cover letter & resume.