American Family Insurance seeks a master's student for a summer 2015 internship.
This role could work on multiple projects in our portfolio, for example:
- Customer Behavior and Propensity Modeling - satisfaction, conversion/purchase, attrition
- Sales Performance Modeling - attrition, business success
- Claims Risk and Operations Modeling - claim severity, cost management
- Pricing Models - credit, telematics
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
Experience in the following areas:
- strong statistics background
- predictive modeling experience (logistic regression, generalized linear models)
- machine learning (trees/forests, clustering, neural net)
- dealing with large and complex data sets
- tools like SAS or Python strongly preferred, R is also okay
- Must be in pursuit of a master's degree both the semester before and the semester following the start date of the internship.
How to apply:
We are currently recruiting for a Student Internship in our Strategic Data & Analytics Division. This position is located in Madison, WI at our National Headquarters. The position is open until March 27, 2015, 11:00 PM ET.
To apply, click here and search for the job ID #08207.