To declare the undergraduate computer sciences major:
- Complete at least one CS course of at least 2 credits at UW-Madison with a grade of C or better.
- Complete the online major declaration form. Please allow 7 - 10 business days for processing. Students in schools/colleges outside of L&S will also need a secondary approval from their home school/college.
To declare the undergraduate computer sciences certificate:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at UW-Madison, in any major EXCEPT computer sciences, electrical engineering or computer engineering.
- Complete the online certificate declaration form. Please allow 7 - 10 business days for processing.
Major Information Sessions:
Students who are considering or planning a major in Computer Sciences are encouraged, but not required, to attend an information session. Information sessions will cover requirements and course planning as well as involvement opportunities.
Major Information Session Dates:
Computer Sciences major information sessions will resume during the fall semester.
- CS undergraduate advisors & hours
- CS courses
- CS major requirements
- CS major flowchart--Prior to Fall 2017
- CS major flowchart--Effective Fall 2017
- CS course plan form--Prior to Fall 2017
- CS course plan form--Effective Fall 2017
- BA/BS Degree Requirements (for students in the College of Letters & Science)
- Top Tips for CS majors
- Sample 4-year plan for the CS major--Prior to Fall 2017
- Sample 4-year plan for the CS major--Effective Fall 2017
- Top Tips for CS certificate students
- Undergraduate advising resources for students
- Outside of the classroom
- Considering graduate school? Watch these helpful short videos from the Computing Research Association (CRA)
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.