CS Undergraduate Advising
The CS major requirements and course descriptions are found in the CS Department Guidebook for Undergraduate Students. The requirements for declaring a CS major are also described in How to Prepare for the CS Major.
C.S. advisors and their advising hours are given here. You can see any advisor during their advising hours; no need to make an appointment.
When to see a CS advisor
- For questions about the CS major
- To declare your CS major
- To declare your CS Certificate
- For any other "formal" CS advising services.
To declare a major
- Make sure you have completed the requirements for acceptance into the C.S. major
- Download the L&S major/certificate declaration form and fill out as much as you can.
- Download the course plan form and fill out as much as you can.
- Bring the forms plus a copy of your transcript or DARS report to one of the C.S. Dept. undergraduate advisors.
To declare a certificate program
- Download the CS Certificate Course Plan Form and the L&S major/certificate declaration form,
- Fill out as much of those forms as you can. Note that the list of courses is not binding. You will earn the certificate if you complete the required courses by the time you graduate.
- Bring the forms to one of the C.S. Dept. undergraduate advisors.
For further information, please contact
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
Patricia (Trish) Rentner
Office: 5351 CS (1210 W. Dayton St.)